Drinking water Purification:
Activated carbon plays a vital role in the process of providing safe, wholesome drinking water. Whether the driver for treatment is aesthetic (taste and odour components such as methyl isoborneol and geosmin), regulatory (VOCs, TOC, Disinfection By-Product Precursors), or emerging (Pharmaceuticals, Cyanotoxins), Jacobi can supply the needed carbon for the service.
AquaSorb™ grades for drinking water treatment include our 1000 series, 6000 series, and C series granular activated carbons (GAC), and our CB-MW Series (Americas region) or MP Series (Europe and Asia regions) powdered activated carbons (PAC).
- AquaSorb 1000
- AquaSorb 6000
- AquaSorb C – series (GAC)
- AquaSorb MP – series (Europe and Asia regions)
Municipal water treatment:
specifically manufactured for the treatment of water in both municipal and industrial applications. Compliant with EN and ANSI/NSF standards for drinking water applications.
- AquaSorb 1500 - High activity granular carbon, specifically
- AquaSorb 2000 - High activity granular carbon, specifically
- AquaSorb 6300 - High activity agglomerated granular carbon
- AquaSorb CS - Medium activity, microporous granular carbon designed for removal of low molecular weight organic compounds and oxidizing agents such as chlorine and ozone from water.
- AquaSorb CP1 - High activity microporous powdered carbon for the removal of trace concentration, low molecular weight organics
- AquaSorb CB-MW - Powdered carbon series, specifically manufactured using a proprietary blend of raw materials drinking water treatment.
- AquaSorb MP23-UF - Ultra-high activity powdered carbon, specifically designed for use in conjunction with ultrafiltration membranes.
- AquaSorb PICABIOL2 - Granular carbon for drinking water treatment through a biologically active process. Designed to rapidly establish an active layer of biological media.
Process water: Brewing and Bottling:
The water supplied by local municipalities invariably meets the standard requirements for human consumption.
But quality is incompatible with the demands of the beverage industry by creating off-tastes, exceedance of food standards, or damage to equipment during use.
Jacobi is mindful of the upstream and downstream impacts and can assist in the specification of materials of high purity and minimal effect on process conditions.
Jacobi’s AquaSorb™ C series, H series, and 1000 series carbons provide for effective dechlorination, organic contaminant removal, and taste and odour reduction, and our AquaSorb™ CX-MCA is the industry standard for the catalytic decomposition of chloramine.
- AquaSorb C-series
- AquaSorb H Series
- AquaSorb 1000 series
- AquaSorb CX-MCA
Effluent Water Treatment:
Effluent water is often difficult to characterise, with dissolved organic compounds (often referred to as COD) and traces of toxic materials disguising the real source of the pollutant.
Granular or powdered AquaSorb™ grade carbons are a common technique for effluent treatment, typically following biological treatment techniques, flocculation, and mechanical filtration.
Common grades include AquaSorb™ 80 or AquaSorb™ 90 (granular) or AquaSorb™ CP series or MP series (powdered).
The carbon acts to adsorb residual COD and toxic materials prior to discharge. Jacobi can assist in assessment of the correct grade of carbon and preparation of testing and deployment of pilot equipment.
Several are compliant with EN and ANSI/NSF standards for drinking water applications (check product data sheet).
- AquaSorb H150 - Acid washed, high purity, high activity granular carbon with enhanced mesoporosity for decolorization and other process applications.
- Suited for high purity water applications due to minimal leaching of metals and salts.
- AquaSorb CP1 - High activity microporous powdered carbon for the removal of trace concentration, low molecular weight organics.
- AquaSorb MP – series (powdered)
- AquaSorb HS - Medium activity, microporous granular carbon designed for removal of low molecular weight organic compounds and oxidizing agents such as chlorine and ozone from water
- AquaSorb CS - Medium activity, microporous granular carbon designed for removal of low molecular weight organic compounds and oxidizing agents such as chlorine and ozone from water
- AquaSorb 80 - Standard activity granular carbon
- AquaSorb 90 - Medium activity granular carbon
Swimming pool applications:
Oxidising agents such as ozone are applied in swimming pools but can be readily eliminated in relatively short contact times using granular activated carbon.
The use of AquaSorbTM CR in fixed beds to remove ozone overdose is commonplace.
Our AquaSorb CP1 is used in powder-based systems for the removal of residual low molecular weight organics generated by the action of adding ozone to the water.
- Aquasorb CR
- AquaSorb CP1
Gold and precious metals recovery activated carbon products for mining processes:
These products are ideally suited for the recovery of precious metals in all forms of contactors providing good adsorption and elution characteristics.
General Carbon selection guide:
- PICAGOLD G210AS - Premium very high activity microporous granular carbon
- PICAGOLD G209AS - Premium high activity microporous granular carbon
- PICAGOLD G208AS - Premium medium activity microporous granular carbon
- GoldSorb 5500 - High activity microporous granular carbon, http://www.oretec.com.br/pdf/picagold03.pdf
- GoldSorb 4500 - Medium activity microporous granular carbon
Oil and Gas applications
Activated carbon products designed for the oil and gas industry, covering water treatment, vapour treatment, and process applications in petrochemical facilities.
- 1000 Series – direct activated granular carbons with combined micropore/mesopore volume for the removal of low to medium molecular weight organic compounds in water and process liquids (amine/glycol streams)in refinery applications.
- PetroSorb 1200 - Standard activity granular carbon,
- PetroSorb 1500 - High activity granular carbon
- 6000 Series – agglomerated granular carbons with combined micropore/mesopore volume for removal of low to medium molecular weight compounds in water and process (amine/glycol streams)
- PetroSorb 6200 - specifically manufactured for the treatment of water and process liquids used in refinery applications.
- 80 and 90 – standard grade direct activated products designed for industrial wastewater purification
- PetroSorb 80 - Standard activity granular carbon
- PetroSorb 90 - Medium activity granular carbon
- GX Series – extruded pellet carbons for general air treatment
- PetroSorb GXK - effective in the cyclic adsorption and desorption the primary constituents of air, allowing the concentration of process gases such as hydrogen and oxygen at site.
- BX Series – extruded pellet carbons specially designed for regenerable applications such as solvent recovery and gasoline vapour recovery.
- PetroSorb BX-Super
- PetroSorb BX-Plus
- G-SWC80 – Standard activity granular activated carbon utilized as a support media for the catalysis of chemical reactions. Very low density material and thus advantageous in volume fill applications.
- H Series – acid washed grades for exceptional product purity, designed for condensate purification. Includes our HS-D product for low silica leaching.
- PetroSorb HS - Acid washed, high purity, high activity microporous granular carbon for the removal of low molecular weight compounds. Produced for use in condensate recovery water treatment systems.
- PetroSorb HS-D - Extremely high purity washed granular carbon manufactured by steam activation.